Friday, May 8, 2009

#6 Your Product on TV

You've got a product. Stop! Don't go any further. Here's an example why and it's one of the most common calls I get:

“Mr. Olson, I’m wondering if you can help me with my infomercial. My product “The Blinking Fazzmanot” is a winner…I’m sure. And I’ve done an infomercial, ….I’ve sunk my life savings into it…..but …you know…it didn’t do too well….and I don’t have a lot of money left….but I know it can be huge….can you take a look at the program and maybe help me make it work better?”

A real heartbreaker of a phone call.

Before you go any further, you need an honest assessment of your product that will help tell you if your product is in the infomercial ballpark.

1. IS YOUR PRODUCT IT EASILY DEMONSTRATED?

2. DOES IT HAVE A MAGIC TRANSFORMATION?

3. IS IT WIDELY AVAILABLE ?

4. WHAT IS THE RATIO BETWEEN WHAT IT COSTS TO MANUFACTURE AND WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO SELL IT FOR?

Here’s the answers you need:
#1. Yes
#2. Yes
#3. No
#4. 10 to 1 (it costs $1 to make and you sell it for $10, or maybe 7 to 1.

I've got to run, but for now, look at your product or a product you've got your eye on and ask and answer the questions honestly. If you want more info, this is directly out of Chapter 3 of my book and you can get the entire assessment guide plus tons and tons more, there...and it's one the great investments you will ever make if you're interested in putting your product on TV.
I will come back with more details in the next day, or so...
Over and out,
Mark O

No comments:

Post a Comment